Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Skinny People

A few weeks ago, I realized that I am one of the people I used to hate. A person who is skinny. I assumed everyone who is skinny was naturally that way - that they could eat what they want, watch all the TV they desired, lounge around all day long, and at the end of all of that, they were still 120 lbs. That is sooooo not true. Most of these people making working out a priority and eat well. They aren't necessarily obsessively counting points (ehem....), but they know approximately how much they should eat in a day. They know that if they eat chips today, they probably shouldn't eat them for the next few days. Or that drinking more than two glasses of wine is overkill and should be avoided. A wise man once said: "If you want to be skinny, do what skinny people do." Thank you, Dave Ramsey :) I believe Weight Watchers drives you to think this way, at least it does for me.

I am proud of my body and realized that the people I meet now for the first time never knew me at 193.8 lbs. They only know me at 132 lbs. Maybe to them I am one of those "blessed" naturally skinny people. HA! If they only knew! I wake up every day and make the decision to stay this way. I will attend Weight Watchers meetings every Saturday for the rest of my life. It is like AA. I will always have a problem with food. It doesn't just go away because I lose 61.8 lbs. I carry it with me always.

My goal weight is 125 lbs. I am 7 lbs away. Sprinting towards the finish. My goal is to lose 7 lbs in 6 weeks? Can I do it? I think so. Have some confidence in yourself! Set a goal - WRITE IT DOWN - and strive to accomplish it. It is amazing what you will do to achieve that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment